Friday, November 9, 2012

Split Personality

My role in the OWLS classroom has me feeling some days like I have a split personality! Darcy and I joke quite often that she is becoming more of a speech path every year and I have become more of a teacher. We share everything... our space, our materials, our responsibilities and stress and of course the fun and excitement, it only makes sense that our jobs sometimes overlap. I have times throughout our day when I see kids for a more typical speech session. I have my own little area in the back of the room, with all of materials and I get to work on articulation or specific language needs... the rest of the time I am co-teaching or involved in a lesson as a helper or leading a lesson from science and social studies to math. 99% of the time I LOVE that my role in the classroom is so different day to day, but that other 1% of the time I sometimes feel like I have completely forgotten what it would be like to be a true speech path. Sometimes I wonder if I could juggle a massive caseload that has me running from one of the building to the other or if I would self destruct! I am hoping that I will be able to show you a little of what my life is like in the OWLS program. This section will have everything from how I organize my materials and record keeping to specific speech activities and lessons.
ENJOY :)

No comments:

Post a Comment